Friday, August 26, 2011

Kitchen Changes


I know I have been talking and dreaming of a white kitchen for quite some time now and going on about it
in a couple of posts but I am so excited to say that I now can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
You see, for the first time ever, I'm taking 2 entire weeks off work at once and it is going to be heaven!
If all goes according to plan I will spend one week painting the cabinets white from their glazed cream finish.
The black cast iron sink was originally chosen by my honey but it really should have been white and so  I have been on the  search for a budget friendly replacement. 

I am both nervous and excited as this will be the first project I am doing on my own without Todd's help and I am so grateful that  my health has finally improved enough for me to be doing this!





As you can see a white kitchen will look so much better and will  flow visually with the rest of the house. We have plans to rework the island  as well at a later date when Todd has some free time. If I had a chance to do it all again I would not have chosen these darker granite counters but would  have either white quartz or carrera marble and a white farmhouse sink.


I am considering moving this chandelier into the kitchen but wonder how practical it is. 




I will be using a product that I have heard such good things about a product called Cabinet Coat available at any Benjamin Moore Store. I am thrilled as it is a water based enamel with the qualities and finish of an oil paint. I will be trying my hand for the first time with a spray gun.




                                                       
Wish me luck!


No comments: