Sunday, March 6, 2011

Master Bedroom Sneak Peak and My Style Revealed!

 Saturdays are  the end of my work week and then my weekend starts. My mind is
always going on the 40 minute drive home about what I want to accomplish and 
this weekend one of them is tackling some more master bedroom painting.  




I asked Todd to haul upstairs 
one of the my revamped dressers that has just one coat of Designer Grey 
paint on it so I could see if it was the right choice. I have yet
to determine how dark to go with the 
blue on the walls and this weekend I will decide and hopefully
get it painted.  I also got to see how
the Ikea curtains will look and am very happy with them.



I added a little too large
 drum shade that I had  to one of our old lamps
and brought the antique iron chandelier in 
to see how it will all come together.



One day this room is to be the office or guest bedroom but I am so glad we did 
not leave it like it was until then. 




I cannot tell you what a thrill it is to finally feel well
enough to see the proverbial trees for the forest. Clarity has been my
blessing in pockets and has allowed me to focus on what I love.
Although we live about 20 minutes to the closest body of water, I wanted our
home to feel as simple, light and airy with colours of sand and sea
 as if the beach
 was right outside our door

and 

I have always, always been drawn to the 
second hand shabby chic painted furniture,
pretty chandeliers
and  white slipcovered furniture.....


So without further delay I announce that

I have discovered that I can have both and 

HAVE CREATED  
MY NEW STYLE
WHAT I CALL

"NANTUCKET CHIC STYLE"


A BLEND OF 
COASTAL STYLE AND COLOURS
WITH TOUCHES OF 
SHABBY CHIC STYLE


I can't wait for this room to be finished  in my new 


NANTUCKET CHIC STYLE

and to show you what it is.

 I had thought of this name  quite a while
ago and   googled it
to see that  only two other people had used the name
 Nantucket Chic to describe a room
 but they were not a blend of the two interior design styles that 
I love
 to create my 


NANTUCKET CHIC STYLE

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far and I would love
to hear what you think!

hugs 
Sandra

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Love the Nantucket Chic style!! It's coming out so pretty. The wall color is gorgeous. The gray furniture will look really nice with that color blue. Did you get the lamps yet? The whole house is pretty. It's looking like a beach house. Happy decorating!
Claudia