Sunday, January 9, 2011

A HEALTHY POST



There are still missing pieces to my health puzzle. When it comes to rebuilding your health you have to get to the bottom of it. I won't  drag on with  my details except to tell you that a voice has been telling me for a long time now that my liver is not doing so great and  that I don't believe anyone can become healthy if their liver is compromised or congested.

Today I start  a very very easy liver cleanse from the book "The Detox Solution" by Dr. Patricia Fitzgerald. I have had this book for a long time now and she is brilliant at writing for the average person to GET IT.

I am certain that years of being hypothyroid has compromised my liver and when you are hypothyroid then you cannot detox naturally the way someone has healthy thyroid levels can, so it has created a vicious cycle. Now that I am on natural thyroid and am almost optimized on it I am doing this easy 5 day cleanse. Normally one does this in the spring but I have no time to waste!


Put in a blender the following

  • one cup of citrus: use orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon and or lime. Make it as sour as possible. You can dilute it with purified water
  • one or two cloves of garlic ( I use organic as  we seem to react to the garlic from China that is not organic, )
  • one small piece of ginger
  • one tablespoon of organic garlic
Blend the above ingredients and drink immediately. 

Follow with two cups of cleansing tea, such as Jason Winters or dandelion tea.

It is preferable to do it in the morning on an empty stomach and then wait an hour before eating.

It is suggested to do the liver flush four times a year (as the seasons change) or whenever you feel you need a boost. Five days in a row each time is recommended.

It is a finally a beautiful sun shiny but bitterly cold day that is putting a smile on my face and I am so excited that I have the energy to forge ahead and try things that are only as simple as a few ingredients from my fridge awash.  I can't wait to see if this helps me and I will let you know if it does!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: