Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hall Tile Decision

I want to paint our 8ish year old kitchen cabinets
white like this door for a crisper
 look than the deep cream colour they are now which will also give more contrast to
our mosaic backsplash. This is one porcelain floor tile
we may choose for the front hallway which leads into the kitchen
and I thought it would be a good idea to pick something that flows visually 
with our natural maple floors, backsplash and kitchen counters
 since our home is about 1800 square feet with a traditional layout of  separate rooms
 that  all have a view to one another with many doorways.



                                                
                                                                


This is another tile.
It has a little more grey tones in it.




 




Both are under 3.00 a square foot and I like that.




If we go with the larger tile, Todd will cut it in half and 
to make a brick pattern and if we go with the smaller one will
lay it just like the mudroom porch floor.



that you can see here



and here, nothing fancy for this 
simple cottage style home


My gut is telling me to go with the smaller tile with more
grey in it but I guess I will know after I get to a few
more places to see if there might be anything else worth 
looking at. 




1 comment:

Muddaritaville said...

I like the hint of grey in the smaller tile, I really like the glass knob too. Are the knobs special order?

Jo