Thursday, August 16, 2012

A great gate

Hello!
I am delighted to show you our new arts and crafts style custom gate.  I came up with the design, my first I have had the pleasure to do and Todd made it happen. It was not easy to make and I have to say and there were some heated gate debates (which is usual for all of our projects) but  in the end I  he is just as thrilled and I knew he could do it!



He built the lattice insert panel piece by piece.
I chose lattice so it visually will link the gate with the fence once we eventually install lattice panels in every other section.




We installed it over wood so that we have complete privacy in our yard and our back porch.



I think it will look fantastic stained white like the garage doors and trim.



Next up, another lattice insert  (sure easy for me to say isn't it) for the inside and replace the block of wood with an actual bolt latch.



I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer!


3 comments:

Muddaritaville said...

Another amazing project Sandra! You are a great team.

Serendipitous Home said...

Thanks Jo, If only we could do it without arguing LOL!

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

Looks stunning, heavy duty & beautifully made!
x
Melissah