Monday, February 6, 2012

Coffered beadboard ceiling

I have been dealing with very frustrating internet provider issues this past week and now
just got on line and  to do a quick post to show you the latest in the living room that I'm excited about.

The ceiling installation is pretty much complete and
I love it. Todd did an amazing job and when it is all painted 
it will be just as I imagined.

Oh I just noticed that my pictures looks like the ceiling is bowed!
Well it's not.
Really...
It's just the way the camera took the shot.





He is working on the window trim next and will finish up the ceiling board as well. The original window from 1878 was kept and was obviously positioned a  little too high when they installed the coffered ceiling in 1938 and so the beam went right into the window trim casing.  



We decided to keep it simple in keeping with our home and added a 2" crown
moulding. The beadboard just adds to the casual feel we want.



Have a good week!

2 comments:

Beach House Living said...

I like the bead board. We have plain wood in between the beams.

Serendipitous Home said...

I would love to see your ceiling, is it painted?

Sandra